What? You don’t know Borobudur Temple? Where have you been? 😀 To give you alternative of where-to-go in Indonesia (beside Bali, Bali and Bali), you better read this.
Borobudur is a 9th-century Mahayana Buddhist Temple. Located in Magelang, Central Java, Indonesia. The monument consists of six square platforms topped by three circular platforms, and is decorated with 2,672 relief panels and 504 Buddha statues. A main dome, located at the center of the top platform, is surrounded by 72 Buddha statues seated inside a perforated stupa.
It’s one of most popular tourist destination in Indonesia. Here I give you some tips if you want to visit the temple:
- Don’t forget to bring your Camera, this place is awsome! The largest Buddhist temple in the world!
- Try to be there before 16.30 because the temple closed at 17.15.
- Beware of souvenir market, it’s a tourist trap! Ask the price first.
- Don’t go on weekend. It’s too crowded with domestic tourists.
- It’s hot every day. Don’t forget to bring your hat, umbrella and sunblock. Unless you expect your skin darker since the beginning.
Final tips: take your time.